This was a non-profit professional organization established in the State of Florida on July 1, 2008, as Hispanic American Medical Academy of the United States. It was amended July 21, changing its name to the current Hispanic American College of Physicians & Surgeons.
This corporation has been registered under No. N08000006239 with the Division of Corporations of the Florida Department of State.
The Hispanic American College of Physicians & Surgeons is a division of the Institute of Hispanic Culture of the United States, a cultural non-profit organization founded also by a select group of professionals led by Dr. Roberto Buitrago, its current President, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, in April 24, 1990, and created under the provisions of R.S. 1950, Title 12, Chapter 2, as amended; and filed and recorded at the office of the Secretary of State of the State of Louisiana in the Record of Non-Profit Corporations, Book 343, and also registered as a not-for-profit organization in the State of Florida on April 19, 2001 under No. F01000002127.
Now we focus on getting helpful medical information out to the world.
Although back pain seems like something that only your grandma or grandfather would complain about, it is something that anybody could experience. Back pains do not only take place during old age due to degenerative musculoskeletal disorders, but it could likewise be an outcome of inappropriate posture, accidents, or traumas. Be it persistent or acute; it is necessary to know how to deal with it. Below are some practical tips from the Clovis Chiropractor that might offer you relief just in case of an episode of back pain:
Cold and hot compress– by alternately applying a heat pack and an ice bag every 10 minutes on the location of where your neck and back pain is mostly felt, this alleviates the inflammation and at the same time numbing the area. That is naturally if the cause of the pain is swelling due to trauma or injury directed at your back.
NSAIDs or painkiller– also known as acetaminophen, painkillers are an efficient temporary relief for a bad episode of pain in the back. Although it does not cure the cause of the pains itself, it is a great way to ease the pain while your back is healing. Obviously, although these medications are over the counter, it is necessary that you have your neck and back pain examined by a doctor initially, so you will understand that the kind of pain in the back that you have is simply a single episode that will eventually disappear and absolutely nothing more.
Lie down and rest– sometimes neck and back pains could be due to incorrect posture, sitting the wrong way, or twisting your back the wrong way. This can be eventually eliminated by lying down with your raised against a wall or a high chair for a minimum of Thirty Minutes, two times a day. Your torso and ought to be at a 90-degree angle with your aligned legs to stretch and unwind the muscles of your back. This will alleviate the discomfort in a matter of days as long as you do it constantly.
Drink a lot of water– since our joints and ligaments are primarily cushioned by a liquid that prevents the bones from grinding into each other, it is very important to keep yourself hydrated. The disks in your spinal column should be well hydrated, so you will not experience unnecessary back pain. And besides, properly hydrating yourself has a positive effect on your body and therefore it is a win-win for your health in general.
And last however not the least, do appropriate and frequent extending– sitting behind a desk for prolonged time periods or straining your back from hunching while walking will ultimately cause back injury. By stretching out your body, it will loosen up your back and assistance ease any nerve that was captured between your spinal column.
Boxing has always been a big part of the mexican culture…and the good old luchador but something new is becoming very popular for hispanic people. And that is Jiu Jitsu.
“Jiu Jitsu is a great form of exercise, it’s fun and it helps you to stay healthy. Then you add in the aspects of self defense and it becomes a great thing to devote your life to” says the Black Belt Instructor at the HMC Jiu Jitsu Honolulu School
Jiu Jitsu was originally started by the Japanese but was taught to a group of Brazilians who made it famous. The Gracie family mainstreamed Jiu Jitsu as the most effective martial art by putting all the styles together in one ring, what is now known as the Octagon, and seeing who came out the winner.
In the early days, the small Brazilian would win every time. This put Gracie Jiu Jitsu on the map.
You should definitely try a call out whenever you can.
Honolulu Jiu Jitsu Gym
Were you recently in an auto accident and need to see a Car Accident Chiropractor in Louisville?
Introduction to Headaches
Headaches are an incredibly common occurrence for the majority of us and according to the American Chiropractic Association (ACA), 90% of all people will experience at least one headache in the next year alone. Luckily for us, of that 90% only 1% of all headaches experienced will be emergency-related (from stroke, hemorrhage, aneurysm, etc.). In this article we’ll be discussing the top four headaches, which comprise 95% of all headaches, but before we do there’s an important point we’d like to make: headaches are a nuisance, no one would disagree with that statement, but they are also a signal from our bodies communicating vital information; taking the opportunity to assess why the body is sending us this signal is important in breaking the cycle of treating the symptoms of a headache rather than the root cause. There is no fault in wanting to get out of pain and in taking medication from time-to-time, but taking medications on a regular basis for symptoms which pop up frequently is ignoring the vital message sent from our bodies and, at the very least, keeping us in a state of living our lives around pain rather than omitting the pain from our lives altogether.
Headaches are as unique as you or I and come in many shapes and sizes. The four most common headaches people experience are:
- Tension Headache
- Migraine Headache
- Cluster Headache
- Sinus Headache
What can Chiropractic do for Headaches?
- Better alignment of the spine, which translates to better posture, balance, muscle tone, and less pain-helping those with headaches and TMJ, among many other conditions
- Decisions surrounding food and nutrition-knowing which foods to take in and which foods contribute to headaches and pain is important in addressing the cause of your headaches
- Stretches and exercises to build weaker muscles, improve posture, balance, and muscle tone, and decrease pain-a sedentary lifestyle lacking motion is a primary cause of pain and headaches
- A more ideal ergonomic blueprint for your workstation, helping to put you in a position that will help you avoid pain and headaches
- Stress management-a factor present to all four of the most common headaches people typically suffer from
- Band-like pain that starts at the base of the skull and wraps its way around the head-this headache is related to increased tension in the muscles in the shoulder, neck, and head
- The pain is typically worse at the end of the day and can occur daily, as this headache is related to daily stresses which can be inflicted on us with great regularity
- Tension Headaches comprise 90% of all headaches
- The most common cause of tension headache is stress from lack of movement, keeping yourself in a position of poor posture for prolonged periods of time on a daily basis (e.g. poor office ergonomics)
- Tension headaches can also be related to a stressful emotional or physical event and to TMJ/TMJD (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder) from gritting your teeth or pressure in the joint from joint misalignment in the temporomandibular joint (jaw)
- Chiropractic is very effective for patients with Tension Headaches and many other headaches for that matter, as it aids in relieving tension in the neck, shoulders, and head which is often a main contributor to headaches; chiropractic is also ideal for treating the effects of TMJ as this is often due to joint misalignment (subluxation) and tight muscles in the jaw region
- Better ergonomics and posture is crucial if your work environment is the culprit for your headaches; consider using a palates’ ball at your work station to improve posture and strengthen core muscles
- Stretches and exercises for the neck, shoulders, and head can improve posture and decrease pain from tension and other headaches, since prolonged immobility is a big factor in muscle tightness and spasm
- Other holistic therapies, such as massage and acupuncture, has been proven effective in relieving tension in the neck and shoulders associated with tension headaches as well
- Migraines are typically on one side of the head, but can be on both sides-the pain is pulsating or throbbing in nature and can lead to: nausea and vomiting, a desire to avoid lights or loud sounds, malaise, and visual disturbances
- In the majority of cases there is increased muscle tension present in the shoulders, neck, and base of the skull which contribute to the symptoms and manifestation of pain
- There is a genetic connection with migraines; however, environmental factors are often the triggers for migraine headaches
- Certain foods may trigger migraines, such as: caffeine, MSG, aspartame, alcohol, processed meats, and many more…
- Environmental factors and emotional factors can play a role as well, such as exhaust from cars, smoke, perfumes, and stress or stressful events in our lives
- Discovering the foods, chemicals, stresses and other factors which trigger migraines is vital; note what you were doing or what environmental factors were at play 24 hours prior to having a migraine
- Developing a pattern for when you experience migraines is key to limiting their occurrence
- Cayenne pepper has been proven effective in limiting pain associated with migraines because it releases endorphins in the brain, natural pain-killers
- Chiropractic care for the release of tight muscles and muscle spasm, as well as putting the vertebra back into position of ideal alignment can have beneficial effects on migraine sufferers
- As a side note, it was once believed that migraines were caused by changes to bloodflow in the body (vascular changes), but it is now believed that migraines are caused by neurological changes or changes within the brain itself-which is why many medications used to treat migraines for years were, in some cases, actually causing headaches and other symptoms with continued patient use
- Non-throbbing pain which is located around the eye region, leading to tearing and sinus drainage, and often waking the sufferer at night
- These headaches occur several days in a row, lasting for minutes to hours, for up to a few weeks to a few months; then they go away for a period of time only to reemerge at a later date (episodic pain)
- Most common causes are alcohol and vasodilating drugs (drugs that cause arteries to expand, like nitroglycerine)
- Other causes include: cigarette smoke and nicotine, hydrocarbon exposure (e.g. perfumes, exhaust from cars, etc.), sleep or lack of sleep, dehydration and (of course) stress
- Avoiding alcohol and certain drugs which may be triggering these headaches; avoidance of environmental triggers (smoke, perfumes, etc.); and stress management
- Drinking plenty of water-dehydration can have a significant effect on cluster headaches
- Oxygen therapy, such as hyperbaric oxygen therapy has been proven effective for cluster headaches-even aerobic exercise has been shown to decrease duration and intensity of cluster headaches because it increases oxygen saturation in the body
- Tension in the neck, shoulders, and head is often present with cluster headaches and chiropractic care can help relieve some of the symptoms associated with cluster headaches
- Achy or dull pain that is caused by pressure over the sinus regions in the face-often affecting one side worse than the other
- There may be accompanying sinus drainage with headache and the possibility of fever if the sinus headache is related to infection
- Common causes can be indoor or outdoor inhalants. Outdoor triggers include: pollen, ragweed, and exhaust; indoor factors include: smoke, dust, chemicals, mold, and other contaminants from concentrated air recycled through ventilation systems
- Allergens can also expand to foods, leading to sinus headaches and sinusitis-such as dairy products and any refined food (especially refined sugar as it feeds bacteria and fungus and weakens the immune system)
- Sinus headaches can also be illness-related, as in the case of sinus infections or sinusitis (from viral, bacterial, or fungal invaders)
- Increasing water consumption (especially hot water) is an excellent way to get the sinuses clear and mucus flowing out of the sinus region (water has natural expectorant properties)
- Also consider using a Neti pot to clear the nasal passages decreasing congestion and the effects of allergens and other nasal irritants
- If your headaches are due to indoor irritants, consider opening a window to circulate the air, clean your house or work-station on a regular basis, and/or consider getting a HEPA filter to remove allergens from the air (ionic filters produce ozone as a byproduct and can irritant the lungs, so HEPA is the preferred air purification system). Dust covers for your bedding and air ventilation filters are effective means to improve air quality and limit exposure to many triggers
- For outdoor allergens, consider taking a broad-spectrum antioxidant, drinking plenty of water, and avoiding common allergenic foods (dairy, wheat, corn, and soy are among the most common allergenic foods) which may be placing an increased burden on your body’s ability to handle allergy season
- There are many in the alternative health community who tout cleanses (especially liver cleanses) as the only way to truly beat the effects of allergies and environmental irritants, but if you choose to go this route please make sure you are under the supervision of a qualified health professional
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4402066
If you are experiencing pain and discomfort after a car accident, it is a good idea to consult a chiropractor. He or she is a highly trained professional who can treat whiplash, neck pain, back pain, soft tissue injuries and more. With gentle chiropractic care, you can fully recover from your injuries without unnecessary medications or surgeries.
After most serious automobile collisions, the victims will be thoroughly assessed by medical personnel. However, when the accident is minor, medical attention is often not recommended or suggested. In many cases, individuals do not feel any pain in their neck, back or joints until a few days after the impact. Only then do they seek help from a medical professional.
Most emergency room doctors and the like are not trained in chiropractic care. While they may offer pain medications to reduce your discomfort, they often have very few solutions when it comes to permanently reducing pain and promoting healing. Many patients leave their doctor’s office with very hope of ever feeling better.
Chiropractors, on the other hand, are experts in the field of neck, back and joint pain. They are well trained in techniques for reducing pain and promoting the natural healing of injured tissues and muscles. It is important that you meet with a chiropractor as soon as possible after an accident. He or she will assess your injuries and make recommendations for therapies and treatments that will target your discomfort.
Whiplash is the most common injury sustained after an auto accident. Even low-speed collisions can cause neck pain. When the head is suddenly jerked upon impact, the muscles and ligaments of the neck are strained. Pain and stiffness are common side effects from this motion. Many victims suffer from headaches, shoulder pain, numbness and tingling as well. These symptoms can last for weeks or months if not properly treated.
Spinal injuries are also quite common after an auto accident. The discs between an individual’s spinal bones can rupture, tear or bulge. The spinal cord can get stretched or forced out of normal position. Chiropractic adjustments can be administered to return the spine to normal position and reduce its interference with soft tissue healing.
If left untreated, soft tissue injuries can cause pain for many years to come. They may trigger other responses in the body including dizziness, headaches, stiffness, muscle spasms and more. This is why it is so important to speak with a chiropractor as soon as possible after an accident. He or she will assess your injuries and get you started on a treatment plan that is designed to reduce pain and start the healing process so that you do not have to live with chronic pain.
If you are one of the millions who suffer from chronic pain, whether it is from an auto accident or any other type of injury, visit a chiropractor to find out what types of care may help you. Chiropractic care is a gentle and non-invasive approach to reducing body all types of body pain and discomfort.
You may sometimes wonder what regular chiropractic adjustments can do to your body and your overall well-being. These are some of the questions that many people ask themselves before they consider seeking chiropractic care. If you have never visited a chiropractor before, then you have missed a lot. Read on to understand the medical benefits of undergoing chiropractic treatment.
- Pain Relief and Management
It is true that human body undergoes stress and pressure every day. This may cause minor injuries that you may not even realize on the spot. Many people tend to ignore such micro injuries until they become severe in the long-run. Such injuries are common with people who undertake strenuous jobs or the ones who are athletically active. If not attended to, such minor injuries can result to something serious. What you need to know is that a chiropractor can address all that at an early stage.
- Relaxation and Stress Management
Stress is actually very common amongst people. It can occur to anyone irrespective of your age. Most people do not pay attention to the harm some of their daily schedules have on their bodies. When the nervous, muscular and skeletal systems are under tense, you are likely to feel stressed up. Remember your nervous system is exhausted and it is the one responsible for communication within your body. Always remember that chiropractic treatment is a sure cure of stress and anxiety. A simple massage can make a big difference.
- Improved Posture
It is true that many people do very strenuous tasks. For example, using a computer every day means that your back has to strain. It is obvious you will not be in upright posture when typing. Remember your overall posture has a lot to do with your general body alignment. How you stand, sit, and sleep has much impact on how your body functions. A professional chiropractor will know where your spine is not moving properly and treat it on the spot.
- Optimal Body Performance
Your body has to perform optimally at all times. Actually, there are many things that may happen if your body is not functioning at the optimal point. For instance, you can have your blood not flowing well or you lack enough oxygen in the blood. A chiropractor can help your body operate at its optimum point. If you seek chiropractic care, you can accrue health benefits such as improved blood circulation, increased oxygenation, reduction of muscle spasm, decrease of toxic substances, enhanced fertility, and many other benefits.
- Overall Healing
Actually, a chiropractor works to ensure that your body is always in good condition. Note that most of the body parts are interconnected. It means that treating only one part of your body like the spine is just like treating the rest of the body. So, a chiropractor can do simple massage on your back to ease pain only to realize that pain in other areas like shoulders is also eased.
To conclude, you should find a professional chiropractor whenever you are in need of one. This is the only you can reap all the chiropractic benefits. But if you just land anyone you come across simply because his services are cheap, then you won’t be able to accrue any benefits whatsoever.
What is Chiropractic?
Does it really work and how?
Is Chiropractic Safe?
At what age should a person have a chiropractic check-up?
Does it hurt?
Does my insurance cover Chiropractic? / Is Chiropractic expensive?
How much time does a chiropractic visit take?
Once I start care do I have to go forever? / Does my body become dependent on chiropractic care?
What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is a natural healing science, art and philosophy primarily concerned with detecting and then eliminating interference to your nervous system. Since your nervous system controls every aspect of your body, chiropractic can have a major impact on multiple areas of your health. Founded in 1895, it is the world’s largest drug-free healthcare system and the 3rd largest primary healthcare system in the USA behind medicine and dentistry. Over 25 million Americans will see their chiropractor this year.
Does it really work and how?
Yes Virginia, chiropractic is the real deal! Chiropractic is firmly grounded in science and has an ever-growing body of research showing it to be safe, effective, comfortable and affordable. The latest estimates show that over 85% of Olympic athletes utilize chiropractic care to enhance performance and stay healthy as do most professional athletes. No question that it works!
Chiropractic is based on the fact that every structure and function of your body is controlled by the nervous system. If there is interference to the nervous system, then whatever body part or function that nerve was controlling will stop working at 100%.
For example, if a person suffers a pinched (irritated) bundle of nerves in their lower back they frequently experience back pain and muscle spasms. What most people do not realize is that the nerves in the low back not only control the muscles but other organs as well including the colon, bladder and reproductive organs. Irritation to the same nerve bundle can, in addition to muscle spasms, cause symptoms such as constipation, diarrhea, bladder control issues and menstrual cycle problems. What surprises many is that a person with a pinched nerve bundle in their low back may have the other symptoms but no pain and no muscle spasms! Only about 10% of your nervous system tells you about pain so you can have a problem in 90% of your nervous system and NO PAIN.
Chiropractors focus on the spine because this is where the delicate nerves are most likely to be compressed or irritated as they pass through on their way to control all parts of your body.
The majority of spinal problems arise from physical, mechanical stress to your body such as accidents, injuries, prolonged sitting etc.. These stresses and injuries result in stiff immovable joints which in turn cause surrounding joints to become overworked, loose and eventually damaged. The treatment to correct these problems also has to be physical and mechanical in nature.
It is crazy to think that taking a drug is going to loosen up a stiff, damaged spinal joint. The drug may cover up the pain and symptoms but will do nothing to correct the physical cause of the pain. In fact taking drugs over time will allow the joint to become more and more permanently damaged.
Chiropractors employ many gently methods of physically restoring the normal motion and function to your spine which reduces nerve interference and allows your body to heal itself. These treatments are called spinal adjustments and are typically, not only pain-fee, but an enjoyable experience.
Is Chiropractic Safe?
Yes, chiropractic care is exceptionally safe! The minuscule risks of chiropractic care have been greatly exaggerated by our competition in order to scare you away from the safest form of healthcare and back to medicine, the most dangerous form. Chiropractic has a better safety record than any drug, even baby aspirin and Tylenol! Medical treatment has become the 3rd leading cause of death in the USA, right behind heart disease and cancer, killing hundreds of thousands of Americans every year.
An interesting statistic is that you are more likely to be killed by being struck by lightning than killed by a vending machine and you are more likely to be killed a vending machine than by a shark and more likely to be killed by a shark than by a chiropractor!
Now knowing how safe, conservative and effective chiropractic care is, doesn’t it make sense to you to start with chiropractic first and then if you don’t get well go on to more radical and dangerous forms of care like drugs and surgery? We are a backward society that often starts with the most invasive dangerous treatments first and then sees the chiropractor afterward as a last resort. Insanity.
Please help us permanently dispel this myth about chiropractic care being risky. Educate your friends and family. Spread the word and save a life!
At what age should a person have a chiropractic check-up?
Chiropractic care has fantastic benefits for all ages and ideally a person should have their first check-up shortly after birth.
I know what you may be thinking, “Infant check-up!!?” Why would a brand new baby need chiropractic care? Stop for a minute and just think about what a baby goes though coming into this world. Even during a normal natural delivery there are tremendous pressures on the baby’s neck, back and pelvis of up to 90 pounds per square inch.
With modern medicine turning childbirth into a medical procedure instead of a natural process, infant trauma and injuries are sky rocketing. You see when you drug the mother, her ability to feel and push the baby out is impaired which forces the doctor to have to pull and twist the baby out from the birth canal. Babies are not designed to be pulled and stretched during delivery which is unnatural and causes injury, they are designed to be compressed and pushed out of the birth canal which is natural and much safer. This is the same reason c-section deliveries have a much higher rate of spinal injury compared to natural childbirth.
It takes just a split second for a spinal injury to occur during birth. An unexpected push from the mother, a pull at the wrong angle from the doctor, too much force from the doctor, the use of forceps or vacuum and you have a sprain or even worse injury to the baby’s spine. This injury, called a vertebral subluxation, if undetected and left untreated can plague the baby for the rest of their life, limiting them from reaching their full potential. “As the twig is bent so grows the tree!”
OK, chiropractic is safe and good for babies but what about senior citizens? I have heard the most ignorant statement repeatedly from seniors: “I know, at my age, I have arthritis so there is no point in trying to fix my spine” WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!
ALL ages can benefit from chiropractic care. Even a single chiropractic adjustment in the right circumstances has resulted in unbelievable improvement in the quality-of-life of many patients. Until you are dead, your body has an incredible ability to heal and improve. Never give up on improving your health! If your doctor ever tells you “You’ll just have to learn to live with it” he/she is actually telling you it is time to find a new doctor, one that will help keep you improving and maintaining your health and well-being for life.
Does treatment hurt?
For most people the chiropractic treatments, called spinal adjustments, are not only comfortable but are actually an enjoyable experience. All treatment is geared to each individual’s comfort level and the old “No Pain No Gain” approach is never used. It is heartwarming to see children who are so small they can’t even get up on the adjusting table by themselves, fighting with their siblings to be the FIRST one adjusted. Pediatricians would be green with envy to see how even the smallest kids are happy to be in the chiropractic office and how they love to get adjusted.
Does my insurance cover Chiropractic?
Although most insurance policies have some coverage, the reality is that in most cases it is very limited and so highly managed that, like most other health services, it pays for only a portion of needed care.
There is currently a prevalent form of craziness that I call “Insurance Insanity”. It has 2 main parts: Firstly many people have this notion that if they can just somehow obtain really great health insurance (which by the way no longer exists) that this in some way protects them and makes them healthy. Secondly, they think that if a service is not covered by their insurance that they really don’t need it. CRAZY! A prime example is a patient who needed about $1,200 worth of chiropractic care, who had the money but refused the necessary treatment because he felt it was too expensive. When asked if it was more cost-effective to let his spine continue degenerate to the point where he will need a $200,000 surgery which would leave him disabled for life? His straight-faced answer was “Well, my insurance will cover the cost of the surgery.” Now that my friend is just plain crazy.
When it comes to care, if you need it, you need it! Regardless of if it is covered, regardless of if you can “afford” it and regardless of if you want it! If you need it, you need it.
A much better question to ask is “What is the best value for my healthcare dollar?”. Investing your money is all about value not amount. For example, I believe that a dollar wasted is too much but spending a half of a million dollars to buy a one million dollar house is an extraordinary deal.
The truth that any patient with a severely degenerated spine would gladly sign over the deed to their million dollar house, to the doctor, if he could restore their health. The sad fact is that once damaged, there is no cure. There are no spine and nervous system replacements and it is very unlikely there ever will be. What is absolutely tragic is that this type of degeneration is almost 100% preventable with regular check-ups and proper chiropractic maintenance.
Chiropractic is an exceptional value for your healthcare dollar. If you need it, the benefits you receive from chiropractic are incalculable compared to the amount of money spent! In fact they are priceless.
How much time does a chiropractic visit take?
For your first visit, allow 45 minutes to 1 hour. On this visit you will need to complete some obligatory health forms, you will have a chance to sit down and consult with the doctor to review your symptoms, history, lifestyle and your health goals.
The next step is a chiropractic physical examination, some very high-tech nervous system scans, possibly an x-ray study and finally, if you are in pain, some first aid care and home instructions.
Typically on the second visit allow 30 to 45 minutes. On this visit you will receive your doctor’s report of findings where he will let you know if he can help you, he will show you what is wrong and why, how long care will take, how much care will cost and finally he will let you know of your options for care. You will then receive your first full chiropractic adjustment (treatment).
On subsequent visits allow 10 to 20 minutes door to door. The actual treatments may only take a few minutes once your work-up is complete and you have set up your treatment plan and goals.
Once I start care do I have to go forever?
In a great practice the doctor should support all clients at the level and frequency that they choose. There should never be any pressure to do anything you are not 100% behind. You may take advantage of all the phenomenal health and wellness benefits for as long and as often as you choose. Great doctors should always respect and support the wishes of their clients.
Does my body become dependent on chiropractic care?
This question always make me smile. There is absolutely nothing about chiropractic care that makes you dependent on care. There is however something that is highly addicting about feeling really good. It is funny but once people start feeling great they tend to want to stay feeling great. Chiropractic care helps your body to function at a much higher level which feels fantastic. Chiropractic care is similar to exercise but without all the sweating. If you consistently work out, the benefit is you become physically fit which feels much better that being unfit and out of shape. Most people who are in great shape continue to work out because they like the feeling of being in shape. What happens if they stop exercising? They continue to feel good for a time but all too quickly lose their conditioning and lose the benefits of feeling great. Now I ask you is exercise addicting? Does your body become dependent on exercise? Of course not and there is also nothing about chiropractic care that makes you dependent either.
Conclusion: Safe conservative chiropractic care is an essential part of a natural wellness lifestyle. Not only will you enjoy less pain and an enhanced quality of life but you will avoid permanent damage and degeneration to your body.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7267832
Active release technique also known as ART is a popular technique in treating tendons, muscle, nerves, ligaments, fascia problems through the management of the soft tissues within the patient’s body.
Chiropractor and active release technique developer P. Michael Leahy basically invented this natural therapy to help his patients recover from soft tissue injuries. This technique was later on used on athletes in treating injuries and conditioning their body prior and after their game. Due to the success rate and effectiveness of this massage therapy, it became part of the regular medical care and pleasure offered on public massage parlors and spas.
As the body receives too much pressure from tough activities, various physical problems including injuries arise due to the overuse of the body. Headaches, carpal tunnel syndromes, back pain, neck pain, sciatica, knee problems, shin splinters, tennis elbow and shoulder pain are some of the many physical conditions encountered by active and even inactive individuals from time to time. However, these problems can be treated by using active release technique.
As with other types of massage therapy, ART focuses on bringing relief with each motion. Patients during the therapy are required to move along various positions and should move in accordance with the massage therapist to achieve the best result. The therapist works with the patient’s body through several positions and body movements that are effective in loosening up the muscle, nerves, tendons, and ligaments within the body. This in return results to more flexibility and better body condition. Similar with Acu-Yoga and Thai massage which uses passive yoga, active release technique also treats its patients with movements for a better blood flow and for convenience in releasing muscle tensions on soft tissues.
ART like most Asian massage therapy techniques aims in pinpointing problems with the help of key points. These areas are worked on by the massage therapist in order to evaluate and improve the condition of the patient. Different amount of pressure is then applied on these areas of the body to trigger the faster healing ability of the body and to break down any adhesions within the patient’s body.
Without treatment, overused muscles can cause injuries and changes within the body. These problems are basically found on the muscle, nerves, and tendons of the patient. Quick care and treatment is required in order to avoid and prevent problems such as the shortening and weakening of the muscle, entrapped blood vessels, and tendonitis. After the therapist evaluates these problems through the soft tissues, he or she will then use the appropriate protocol in treating individual problems. There are more than 500 protocols an ART therapist can use on his or her patient depending on each type of problems.
Regular sessions of active release technology are proven to be effective in correcting acute and chronic pain problems in the patient’s body. Treatments varies and depends on the condition and medical needs of the patient although basic treatments take 7-15 minutes on most cases for each area that needs treatment. For best and safe results, make sure that you get a licensed massage therapist.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6314432